1 February 2018
- 103 new specimen records have been added to the database, most from Fall 2017 and a handful from the mid-2000s. Included in the batch are numerous records of False Map Turtles from the Missouri River and Wood Frogs from Roberts County.
8 November 2017
- 43 new specimen records (most from late October 2017) have been added to the database. Included are new county records for North American Racers (Hutchinson), Red-bellied Snakes (Union), Common Gartersnakes (Hutchinson), and Lined Snakes (Hutchinson).
10 October 2017
- approximately 100 new specimen records have been added to the database. Included in this batch are new county records for Western Tiger Salamanders (Bon Homme, Jones, Miner), Plains Spadefoot (Sanborn), Painted Turtles (Hamlin, Jones, Kingsbury), North American Racers (Hughes, Stanley), Western Foxsnakes (Turner), Gophersnakes (Jones), Plains Gartersnakes (Hyde, Jerauld, Miner), and Prairie Rattlesnakes (Hyde).
20 September 2017
- approximately 150 new specimen records have been added to the database. Included in this batch are new county records for Plains Leopard Frog (Charles Mix, Gregory), Painted Turtle (Hughes, Meade), Snapping Turtle (Charles Mix, Perkins, Yankton), and False Map Turtle (Gregory).
11 July 2017
- follow our new Facebook page to receive updates and news related to the website
1 July 2017
- over 250 specimen records have been added to the database, primarily from Lake Oahe and the southeastern region of South Dakota
20 March 2017
- funding awarded from a Wildlife Diversity Small Grant awarded through South Dakota Game, Fish and Parks
23 February 2017
- added specimen records from UWSP and UWZM